Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a 30x24 painting titled Two Girls At the Piano signed

Customer Question

I have a 30x24 painting titled Two Girls At the Piano signed by Renoir. The little history that I know is that it was brought here from Italy by a Grandfather. The painting is done on canvas in excellent shape, however it has to be dirty. Renoir's name was hidden behind an old homemade wooden frame. I found it at a garage sale. The painting attracted me because of the impressionist style. Yet I was more interested in the framing. I am not a collector of art nor was I even familiar with Renoir. I did a lot of research on the painting, and of course I am wondering if it is authentic. Please help!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising art since 1970

You have a copy of a famous painting by Renoir.it hangs in the Metropolitan Museum of Art NYC

• Artist: Auguste Renoir (French, Limoges 1841–1919 Cagnes-sur-Mer)
  • Date: 1892
  • Medium: Oil on canvas
  • Dimensions: 44 x 34 in. (111.8 x 86.4 cm)
  • Classification: Paintings

Credit Line: Robert Lehman Collection, 197

This would have a decorative value of $100-150.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,