rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I want to know what a on the bottom of a bowl means. I

Customer Question

I want to know what a mark on the bottom of a bowl means. I believe it may be Chinese. May I send someone a picture of it?
Angela
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a faux Qianlong dynasty CHINESE mark. The Qianlong dynasty was from 1796 to 1820, but this faux mark was put on items made in Macau in the 1970's and 1980's with the words MADE IN MACAU underneath. This bowl is a recent (70's 80's) reproduction piece that was sold in the US. These bowls typically are worth $10 to $20.00.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please do click the stars to rate me as this is how the site compensates me for answering your question for you. Thank you!

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.