Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

We have an old dresser it says on the back square brand,

Customer Question

We have an old dresser it says on the back square brand, chittenden & Eastman, Burlington, IA. I can only make out Sedaris. I have a picture of the label. My question is I wanted to find out what year it was made?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
The Dresser was produced in 1928. If you decided to list it for sale, there are great sites online. You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.

You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you so much!
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much do you think it is worth?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

As is or refinished?