Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Value of Limoges 3 handled urn(handles are gold leaf, urn is

Customer Question

Value of Limoges 3 handled urn(handles are gold leaf , urn is blue with painted cherubs). On bottom is Limoges mark and " Elizabeth Gatton ' 09".
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a photo of the urn and the marks on the bottom. (the photo you added was a black screen) You can do this by using the ADD FILES button towards the bottom right of your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unable to get photo. Please respond without the photo
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is an urn made in Limoges France and was likely one of a pair. These were sold as white blanks and painted by decorating studios and home artists. A decorating studio would have added a second printed mark. Your piece has a hand painted signature of a home artist (elizabeth Gatton) that helps date the piece to 1909. This urn/vase has a current value of $125.00 us dollars.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.