Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

I have a 19th century salt glazed stoneware flask depicting

Customer Question

I have a 19th century salt glazed stoneware flask depicting Napoleon about 14" tall. What can you tell me about this item and where may I find more information.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Napoleon flask.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and of the entire bottom (whether it's marked or not).

If you have the pictures in your computer, all you then have to do is click on the paperclip icon (located above the text box where you are typing to me) to attach them here.

Many thanks and wait to hear,

Robert.

PS. Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer, ignore them, they are automatically generated by the site (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back and forth and information gathering) and don't come from me. Thanks, R.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a one time request. I DO NOT WANT A SUBSCRIPTION OR A FREE TRIAL.There are no marks of any kind on the bottom.This requires more computer than I am capable of. Charge me the $5 fee and let's call it quits. I do not want to continue this project.Thanks,
Lynda
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lynda,

I'm so sorry you're having problems with the site. I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent agent so none of the messages you receive (other than those in this text box) come from me, so please ignore them.

I don't have anything to do with the daily operations of JustAnswer and in many ways I'm just a customer like you. I use the site as a marketing tool to bring the appraiser (me) and client (you) together so you can avail of specialized antiques and fine arts expertise that's usually not available locally.

I quite understand if you are unhappy with unsolicited messages coming from the site and urge you to contact Customer Support, phone number 1.***-***-**** to have them stop.

You should also ask for a re-fund of your good faith $5 deposit which you are owed since you did not get an answer.

Best wishes,
Robert