Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

How much is a brass bowl with chinese dragons and scribed

Customer Question

How much is a brass bowl with chinese dragons and scribed pictures on the top part of bowl and in the center worth? I have a few from my parents house - my mom loved antiques. This brass bowl is 10" across from top of bowl from one end to the other.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your Mom's Chinese bowl.

Thanks for the photo, could you very kindly attach one more showing the underside in good light (take it over to a window or outside -but not direct sunlight) that way I can confirm its age.

Also a clearer one of the engraved decoration would help too.

Many thanks and wait to hear,

Robert.

PS. Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer, ignore them, they are automatically generated by the site (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back and forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, R