Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a ladies gold engagement that I am trying to

Customer Question

I have a ladies gold engagement that I am trying to determine age and maker. Hallmark is an eagles head (facing right) with wide open mouth. Other e is an arrow . On each side of the eagle with each arrow pointing to the eagle head. Ostby and Barton have a very similar logo but the eagle is facing left. Can you give m e any information on the man e rd mark?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research up-to-date data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for one of us to help you.

I will do my best to find your mark but I must have a photo of it.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

If it is necessary to work from a sketch, then please make sure the style of the eagle's head is as accurate as possible.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached photos of the ring. I need maker and time period to identify the family member that was the owner.

Thank you for the very good photos.

I will need some time to track down the information you need.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

I have been working on your question two hours. I looked through almost 500 pages of marks but I could not find yours.

I will release your question so that all the other professionals can choose to answer you with accuracy.
I want you to have the best answer possible. Please do not rate me down because I released your question. Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.
I am very sorry.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can you charge me $35 when you did not answer my question? Boy do i feel scammed!