Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a bone horse sculpture from, I believe, the Qing

Customer Question

I have a bone horse sculpture from, I believe, the Qing Dynasty. It's 13" high and 13" long snout to tail. I'd like to know what kind of bone it is made of.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

There is no way to know what kind of bone this is, unless it is looked at in person by an expert that can test the bone. This is a very expensive procedure and only a hand full of museums do this.

The bone could come from any animal, and any where off that animal.

Is there anything else you need help with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would have been helpful if that kind of information was somehow available so I would not have wasted my money on a non-response. I won't be using this service again.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

This information about the bone could have been found by googling this. We are an online appraisal site, called JustAnswer, we value items for people who want to know how much their items are worth. We do not have information like this just on the site. It is a question and answer site only. You may have gotten to us by way of another site, I cannot say because I cannot see the customers end of things.

Glenda