AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have a favorite art piece called 'THE PRISONER OF GISORS'

Customer Question

I have a favorite art piece called 'THE PRISONER OF GISORS' size 18 by 24 3/4 IT WAS IN THE " ART UNION OF LONDON" in 1848. It reads.. Every one at Gisors has heard of the unknown criminal whom state reasons now forgotten immured alive in that which is still called The Prisoners Tower...where he perpetuated his memory in bas-reliefs, executed. it is said with a nail on that part of the wall where the solitary sun beam which ensured his cell enabled him too see his work
PAINTED BY E.H.WEHNERT ENGRAVED BY...F. BACON
FROM THE ORIGINAL IN THE HOFSEFSION LEWIS POCOCK ESQ.
PRINTED BY .. M OUEEN
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

These prints were one of the first forms of mass-production art. They were extremely popular as they made art affordable to the masses, and many copies of many works were printed. Because of that, prices have remained relatively low over the decades and centuries.

This particular print would be valued at approximately $150.00 in very good condition.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Good morning,

I see you have not yet accepted my reply.

How can I help you further?

Sincerely,

Jennifer