Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

This popped up so I will go ahead and ask you a question. I

Customer Question

This popped up so I will go ahead and ask you a question. I just received a small print by George Baxter acquired from an estate auction. I was wondering what the value of these prints might be. It is Queen Victoria.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

Are you wanting the current market value for this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what size this is and rate the condition 1-10, 10 being best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
didn't I just get a disclaimer saying you were sorry --no phone calls--or is just system annoyance
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I have no idea what you are talking about. I do not take phone calls but, I did not show where you requested a phone call. All I need to value this is what size it is and what condition it is in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at home now but I would say it is postcard size, matted in gold. It looks to be in good, if not very good condition. You do have the picture I took, which granted Is not the greatest condition
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7-8
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

zHello

That helps thank you. Yes, I can see your image, just wanted to double check this was not a large print.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars!

To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.

The George Baxter Print, circa: late 1800's ( George Baxter was an English artist and printer based in London. He is credited with the invention of commercially viable colour printing.) has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $200.00-250.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.

You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you so much!
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. I was curious about the value of a Baxter print. I hav no intention of selling it, but thank you again for your advice on that matter.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much!
Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much!
Glenda