rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a GE original 4.8 amps, 110 volts table jigsaw...

Customer Question

Hello
I have a GE original 4.8 amps, 110 volts table jigsaw... Working condition, I have a picture .... I am trying to see if it's with anything... It was my grandfathers
How do I know.... I have a pic of the plate too
Can you give me any info or where to find this ?
Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture showing the entire jigsaw?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see attached
Please let me know if you do not receive
Thank you
Diana
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the pic!

I can see that you have an electric table jigsaw with 528Watts of power, which was a top mark at that time. The jigsaw was manufacturer in the 1980s. Even though it is a piece of engineering, there was a huge number of jigsaw produced, so it's not considered rare.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 60-110$.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure I understand your answer.... How could it be mfg in 1980 if my great grandfather bought it as a retirement gift?????
I am sure it's a lot older than that.... Can you review it again and give me a better idea of the value.... Thank you
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Could you tell me the text of the label? The model was produced from a long period, so the dating may not be accurate.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello not sure what text on the label you are referring to, but here is another label I see on the unit.
I would like to get an idea on the year and the true worth.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you see my last message?
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that's the model number. The other label is the motor specifications label, which is related to the motor manufacturer.

Now I can date the jig saw, which was manufacturer in the 1940s period. The model number FD2355B provides all the information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the values? That was my original question
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

The value will be in the range of 70-120$.