Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have two collections that I am wanting to liquidate

Customer Question

I have two collections that I am wanting to liquidate because of my age and lack of space to display them:
Approximately 7000 Frog figurines from inexpensive trinkets to $1,000.00 + items
Approximately 2500 vintage electric toasters (1900-1960s) from run of the mill $10.00 pieces to rare $5,000.00 pieces
Where would you recommend I attempt to sell these collections?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - no or small fees
Artfire.com
Goantiques.com - more upscale fee based
Rubylane.com - more upscale fee based
Tias.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA
cyberattic.com
collectoronline.com
collect.com
trocadero.com

The best way to sell your items is to offer three of lower priced ones at the same time.

Then the more expensive ones, one at a time.

I recommend etsy.com for all your toasters sold as I described with lower ones together and higher ones individually.

I recommend etsy.com for your lower priced frogs. The higher priced frogs would do well on rubylane.com or goantiques.com.

Be sure to charge enough for shipping as this can be expensive especially with insurance.

If you need to sell the whole collection of frogs at once, contact the dealers on these sites.

I do not know of a dealer in something as specific as toasters, but again, look for collectibles dealers on these sites.

Just know that a private seller(like you) to a dealer can expect only 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

Expert:  francism-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.