Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a sampler cross stitch from 1840. Wrought by E

Customer Question

I have a sampler cross stitch from 1840. Wrought by Mary E Duyrea. instrutress was A. S. Fitz Gibbon Flushing LI The condition is very good. The threads are faded. How wouold I get this piece appraised?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The value would depend on the size and if there are particular stitches or images in the sampler. They tend to sell for an average high of $1000 - $1400 and a high of $3000. If you have images, I can be more definitive about the value of what you have. You are welcome to send images at any time here and that does not cost extra.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora