Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a set of "casual" china with Wedgwood marks...

Customer Question

I have a set of "casual" china with Wedgwood marks... appears to be from the 50's or 60's - trying to find the name of the pattern - in the center of the plates is a stylized "lilly of the valley-type" of flower in black, with red blooms... Can you help?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also, a value for the set would be appreciated (12 pc set)
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please send me a photo of your pattern.
To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Are any of these the name or number ? -

#4047

Rose Cretonne

Crescent

Frontenac

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** *****
The plates are in storage at the moment, so I cannot get a photo today, but I will use the information you've provided to see if I can find a photo online that looks like the plates in question.Barbara

Good. That might work.

Best,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have looked the patterns you listed up (on a replacement website) and they are not the ones I have. It is a very simple pattern - the only design is in the middle of the plate (although, there may be a thin black line at the border near the rim)... - Barbara
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In fact, if I hadn't seen the "Wedgwood" name on the back, I would not have thought them to be Wedgwood, at all!)

Unfortunately, I was unable to find an accurate answer to your question.
I am going to release your question (opt-out) so that if another professional knows the answer, he/she can help you.
I will not be able to respond to your questions once I opt-out.
I hope you find the answer to your question.

I am very sorry.
Kind regards,
Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found a photo of a tea cup with the pattern, online - it is attached... Only have "luncheon" and "dessert" plates - not cups and saucers...