Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I also have book copyright 1905 The Rubaiyat of Omar

Customer Question

I also have book copyright 1905 The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam; however the book is bound by what appears to be some sort of leather (?) with a lovely depiction of a grape vine in colors of brown, purple/blue grapes and brown and reddish leaves. This book is 10" tall, 7 3/4" wide. Pages are 99 written, 28 illustrations with
all but one with a protective overlay sheet. There is a handwritten notation on the first page To Davis from Roy Xmas 1916. I would say the binding and front and back covers are in good condition considering it's age. The spine has the title Omar Khayyam above an image of a grape leaf on the top edge, and the publishers name, Dodge impressed on the bottom edge of the spine. What value would you guess it might have?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

This may be a limited edition printing, which if so, would have the notations on the very back pages. This can factor into the value, if it is. As well, the value is also based on who the illustrator is - is there just one or several? The average price of copies of the Rubaiyat published at the beginning of the 20th century if $100. If done by a desirable illustrator with a collector following, this can sell for up to $400 on today's market.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora