Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My husband and I just recently moved into s mothers house

Customer Question

My husband and I just recently moved into his mothers house and cut out one mortgage payment and are currently going through renovations room by room.
The house was built in 1968. His mother said the previous owner (original owner) used the upstairs large room as a "Billiard/pool room" ... The room has a large light fixture, copper wiring, with what looks like a brass/ black metal base design hanging from metal links down to two light shades.
The shades are not stained glass, although they do appear hand crafted and painted.
I cannot find any identifying marks on the shades or maker of base from just examining it on the ceiling. Although I do have a photo. The light is the only fixture in that room so we haven't taken it down. It is in working order. How would I know if this was valuable or not??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Your billiard pool light fixture was produced in the late 1960's - 1970's. They are "Tiffany-Style" but not original Tiffany. On today's market, these fixtures sell for $100 - $200 on average.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora