Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have 6 trays, I believe they are silver plated, about 4"x

Customer Question

Hi I have 6 trays, I believe they are silver plated, about 4"x 5" in size, good condition. The Stamp on the back is Norblin & Warszawa Co. The number on most of the plates is 2107. There is a two headed eagle above the company mark and some writing below maybe hebrew, arabic. In the center of the stamp is the word for (GALV) Galvanization, I'm assuming this is the plating process used. Interested to know old old and what value if any.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon my name is***** you for your question. The Norblin & Warszawa Co. began using the word Galv, instead of the earlier Plaque, after 1872. Can you send images of the mark and one of the trays if they are all similar?

You can use the paperclip icon to attach them to this dialogue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tim, I attached the pics - see what you think.
Many Thanks, Melanie

Hi Melanie, the marks indicate that the tray was produced in Warsaw Poland 1901 to 1906 and have the Russian two headed Eagle. The language below is Arabic, which is unusual. Are they 4" x 5" that seems rather small? Normally the trays are much larger.