Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a children's tea service, including 5 saucers, 5 tea

Customer Question

I have a children's tea service for 5, including 5 saucers, 5 tea cups, 5 plates, a tea pot, a creamer, and a sugar bowl, all in mint condition. They are marked on the underside as follows: Rudolstadt at the top, over a crown with the letter B in a shield of sorts and the inscription Made in Germany. I'm trying to find out if it has collector value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Early 20th century children's tea sets by Rudolstadt sell for $100 - $450 on today's market. The value depends on the images on the set. If it has a character known as Golliwog, expect to garner the high end of the value.

Here is a link for you that shows images of a Golliwog tea set by Rudolstadt.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/gollywags-childs-tea-set-royal-438908515

~Nora