Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I am having trouble finding certain mold numbers on dolls, I

Customer Question

I am having trouble finding certain mold numbers on dolls, I type in the mold number and
then the maker I have a large doll collection and I thought by typing in the maker and mold
number it would automatically bring up the doll that I am looking for. If a doll does not have its original body or parts replaced how much does that effect the price of the doll
new eyes, new wig, fingers broken or hands and feet replaced. If a doll would originally sell
for example for 800. in perfect condition. How would much would it sell for with parts replaced.
Thank You
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Although the internet contains vast amounts of information, it is not a repository for all information and thus why your search method is not yielding results. As for the impact on value, if a restoration job is well-done, such as the how it appears on yours, the value is reduced by 20-30%. So an $800 doll would then be $560 - $640.

~Nora