rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

My husband and I purchased in 1992 three complete place

Customer Question

hello, My husband and I purchased in 1992 three complete place settings of Rosenthal white (perhaps ivory) sans souci pattern, however it is marked classic rose on some pieces. it was made in Germany and used in the homes of Allied US generals and high-ranking officers during cold war occupied Berlin.
we are trying to get an idea of value of a complete set. Each 52-piece set includes 8 five-piece place settings comprised of a dinner plate, salad plate, dessert bowl, cup and saucer. The service pieces are a large serving plate, relish plate (oval), a gravy boat, a two-piece covered soup tureen, a two-piece covered coffee pot and a two-piece covered tea pot, a two-piece covered sugar bowl and a creamer.
I have found three markings:
simple Rosenthal (in script with a cross design and crown in the middel of the name, under which is writtn in print Germany
Crossed roses with a crown between the flower buds, under which is written CLASSIC ROSE, followed underneath by Rosenthal Group
German.
finally, a similar stamp except that the rose and crown pattern is encircled by the words CLASSIC ROSE (at the top of the circle), and COLLECTION (at the bottem of the circle). underneath is printed Rosenthal Group
Germany
all are pristine. would love to get an estimate of manufacture date and value.
many thanks,
BEnsslin
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to help. A photo of the piece and the different marks will help to date the pieces in the set. You can add pictures by using the ADD FILES button in the bottom right of your screen. Let me know if you need to email instead.

Please refrain from a rating until I get a chance to see the pictures and answer fully.