Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have a Nippon Owl on a branch wine jug. The owl has glass

Customer Question

I have a Nippon Owl on a branch wine jug. The owl has glass eyes, and the mark on the bottom is "Hand painted Nippon". The mark is green, with an M in the centre of the wreath. The jug also has a woven basket type bottom, that goes up the side, and conforms to the shape of the pitcher. So far as I see, the pitcher is complete with stopper, and has no apparent damage. What is the value of this? Thank you for your help.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Wayne, and thank you for replying. I will send some pictures I just took of the pitcher. The stopper has some fine cracks, but has not been repaired, so far as I can tell. The pitcher is about 9 inches tall. I inherited this from my parents, who had also inherited it.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

These are rare and in demand circa 1900 hand painted. This would sell for $300-500 at auction in the condition that you describe.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,