Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I couldn't get back on to give you more information about

Customer Question

I couldn't get back on to give you more information about the etching: 9-1-1887...Times Art Society 118 New Bond Ltd....
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The value in your print would depend mainly on the size, quality and image. In general, a large antique print (15" - 20") from 1887 sells for an average of $50 - $100. If larger sized and framed, they can sell for an average high of $200. If it is a smaller, sheet size print, they sell for $20 - $40. What is depicted in your picture? If you have a way to take photos and can send them, I can be more definitive about what you have.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had written information on my first post, but then when I went to respond to the question of "more information" it wouldn't let me, so I started again, by saying this last post was a continuation...guess you didn't receive that. It's an etching of Rosslyn Chapel by C.G. Murray, large (I don't have the dimensions now ~14x24"?). It's from the Times Art Society. I couldn't find anything on "C.G" anywhere of that time period.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I did look for a previous question posted by you - but it did not appear.

C.G. Murray may be the illustrator who created the image, the etcher/printer who copied the image from a painting or the publisher. In order for me to be more definitive, I would need to see images.

Would it be possible for you to send images? You can post them here at anytime, there is not a time limit nor is there an additional charge for responding with photos.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Question: each time you answer a question regarding this particular piece, am I expected to pay $35.00 per response? I won't have images for a while, as I'm not going to my mom's for a few days. If there's no additional charge, can I send them to you later then?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

There is no additional charge for sending responses back and forth here. The additional services offer of a 10 minute live phone call is $35 - and you do not have to accept that :)

You can send the images here to me at anytime. If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.

You will likely receive auto-response emails from the company asking you to rate the question. You can rate this at any time - and it will NOT close the question.

Sincerely,

Nora