Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a set of 16 Golden Posy dinner set what is t's value?

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you for requesting me.

I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research current data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please let me know if your set if for guests or just 16 pieces.

If for 16 guests, then tell me how many pieces each guest has. I also need the serving pieces. These can a lot to value.

If only a 16 piece set, tell me which 16 pieces you have.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them, they are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are still in shipping boxes. I know it is 16 place settings. I think it has dinner, bread,soup, and Tea set. Maybe more? I do remember seeing a Gravy boat and Salt & peppers. I am not sure what else there is? I looks like they have never being used?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the stamp is Golden Posy Alfred Meakin 22kt.

I will go with the usual 5 pc place setting....Cup, saucer, dinner, bread and soup.

I will then take the usual serving pieces - gravy boat, salt, pepper, 2 vegetable bowls and 2 platters plus the creamer, sugar and teapot.

It will take me about 30 minutes to research current retail values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Your set of 16 place settings of Golden Posy by Alfred Meakin has a current retail vintage store value of $1540-1640.

The 22kt gold trim adds little to value as gold is too hard to extract from porcelain. It just adds beauty to your set.

As for where to sell.....If you want to sell quickly at wholesale prices, try one of these sites.
I do not know where you live so I will make suggestions for three countries.

In US:
Replacements.com
ChinaLane.com
ChinaFinders.com
ChinaReplacements.com

In UK:
ChinaSearch.co.uk
MatchingChina.co.uk
ChinaMatchers.co.uk
ReplaceYourPlates.co.uk

Australia: http://www.allthegalleries.com/dealers/porcelain.html

If you would like to sell closer to retail , some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - no or small fees
Artfire.com
Goantiques.com - more upscale fee based
Rubylane.com - more upscale fee based
Tias.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA
cyberattic.com
collectoronline.com
collect.com
trocadero.com

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris