Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I found a painting from Mario de Ferrante and while he was a

Customer Question

I found a painting from Mario de Ferrante and while he was a valid painter the painting is stamped Artmaster Gallery and the stretcher looks newer than the time line for the artist. So, is it a copy?
KdK
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

It is likely an original as he painted through the 20th century. If it is a framed print reproduction copy on textured surface, you will see a mini dot matrix pattern in the 'paint' indicative of machine printing. You can use a magnifying glass to detect that or take an clear, in-focus extreme close up photo and enlarge it on your computer screen to detect the dot matrix pattern.

~Nora