Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I was wondering if you could help me figure out the maker of

Customer Question

Hi I was wondering if you could help me figure out the maker of an antique dining table with some interesting markings on the underside
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

These marks are inventory markings, from the company that made it. Can you send a picture of the table?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - here's a pic of the table, sorry there's a lot of junk on it, I hope you are able to have a good view of it!
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

That is fine, do you have any history on this? It looks to be German Made, a Gothic Style, early 1900's.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not unfortunately. All I know is that it was purchased at an estate sale in Long Island about 15 years ago by my friend who is moving. She is unable to take it and was just going to leave it! It's so beautiful, I'm taking it and was looking for some more info about it.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer.
This Table coming from an Estate Sale, leads me to believe it did originate in Germany or was produced by a German Furniture Maker early 20thc, it is very well built and looks to be in very good condition. The table has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.

You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you so much!
Glenda