rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

Trying to find an estimate on an original Waaguhr clock.

Customer Question

trying to find an estimate on an original Waaguhr clock. This clock is dated from the 1600's and has never been restored. It has been in my family for over 100 years
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

In 1600s the Waaguhr was the first mechanical clock that was affordable by the new middle class in Europe.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 2,500-3,500$.

I would recommend to sell your unit through a direct sell, but in your case it would be much better to sell through a big auction house. I would contact both Christies, Bonhams or Sothebys, they have a good record on past auction sales of antique clocks. You will have o pay the auction house fee, around a 20-30% of the final auction price, but it will be worth it.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!