Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a managers desk from a branch of the THE ROYAL BANK.

Customer Question

I have a managers desk from a branch of the THE ROYAL BANK. It has three drawers on one side and one drawer and a deep filing drawer on the other. I was said to be the original managers desk when the branch was new in about 1946. The center pencil drawer, when closed, locks all the drawers. It opens with a key. It has eight legs , trimmed with brass around the base and brass pulls on the drawers. The desk is made of oak wood. The metal plate on the inside of the pencil drawer reads "PRESTONIA OFFICE EQUIPMENT". and PRESTON NOELTING STRATFORD --11 55", on the under side.
I would like more information and an approximate value if possible
Thank you `William k
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please send me a photo of the desk.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Please send the approximate length, width and height.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them, they are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am attempting to send photos. I only have a laptop and a digital camera. The desk is 60'' by 34'' on the top and 34''high. I am not able to get the pictures sent be email. Can I print them out and send by snail mail?

The questions on Just Answer cannot accept snail mail.

If you would like to try email, these are the official instructions.

Please follow the questions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to,***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with
Just Answer,so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer
techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you

If you still have trouble sending photos, this is what we have been instructed to tell the customers -

"Customers can experience issues with the site, their computer, their knowledge of how to use the internet, etc.

Anytime a customer is having trouble with the site, please indicate to them that they can go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance. They have an option in the upper right corner for contacting the Customer Service department via email, chat, or phone. Customer service is trained to assist them, and to report any customer-facing issues that may be site-related."

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to continue. Please cancel this request.
Sincerely William

I will request a refund for you.

Kind regards,

Doris