Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

We have what were 3 pulpit chairs from the 1800's. They were

Customer Question

We have what were 3 pulpit chairs from the 1800's. They were found in an old school in East Otis, Massachusetts in 1972 and were given to us for no-one else wanted them. The school and a church next to it, plus the graveyard, were a King's Grant in the early days of our country. When we were there it had not been used for many, many years and sat empty. The church had been opened up a few years before and was being used. The church had no facilities so the out=house in the school was used when necessary.
We had the chairs refinished, reworked, as they had no springs, etc. and upholstered in about 1977. We used them in our home from then on and enjoyed them. In 1988 we moved to New York State to a small home and they have been used part of the time in my husbands office and are now in storage for maybe 3 or 4 years. They are worn and need to be reupholstered again.
I say they are pulpit chairs because one is taller for the center and the other two are some shorter. Do you think it would be worth our while to have them evaluated?
I say the
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please send me a photo(s) of all your chairs.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them, they are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris