Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I bought a painting at an estate auction in Minnesota

Customer Question

I bought a painting at an estate auction in Minnesota approximately thirty years ago. It came with an insurance appraisal card from Artistic Interiors dated Feb 26, 1982 signed by appraiser name Barb Schmidt showing a market value of $197 (certification#273261). Floral painting by artist Gambino w/f 20x24, rather ornate frame, hand painted oil (both frame and print in good condition).
We have recently moved. The picture no longer goes with any decor and wondering if it is worth anything.
Thank you,
Lynn XXX
XXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lynn my name is***** are several artists by the name of Gambino. To identify which one did yours I need to see your painting. Please send images of the whole painting front and back, plus a clear close up of any signatures or labels. You can use the paperclip icon found on the tool bar to attach them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard anything, did you receive the pictures I sent?