Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have either prints or paintings by Tenney, they are

Customer Question

I have either prints or paintings by Frank Tenney Johnson, they are cowboys on horseback shooting in front of saloon and on horse back on range and others. They are in frames and are about 19 1/2 by 151/2 inches. What are they worth and who can I have look at them to but? There are 4 pictures.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Please tell me what type of medium you appear to have. Are the pieces on paper or canvas?

Do they feel smooth or slightly textured? Are they under glass? Do they appear to be watercolors or oils or pastels?

The answers may help us determine whether you have prints or original paintings.

If we are unable to determine whether they are prints or originals, then I can give you values for both if that works for you.

I look forward to your responses.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them, they are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris