rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

Original signed painting by Adolph Gustav Ditscheiner

Customer Question

Original signed painting by Adolph Gustav Ditscheiner entitled "Flowering Fruit Tree By River Bridge". Framed. and in fair condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Adolf Gustav Ditscheiner
1846-1904

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 4,000-5,000$.

I would recommend to sell your unit through a direct sell, but in your case it would be much better to sell through a big auction house. I would contact both Christies, Bonhams or Sothebys, they have a good record on past auction sales of Adolf Gustav Ditscheiner. You will have o pay the auction house fee, around a 20-30% of the final auction price, but it will be worth it. For example, this piece was appraiser in 2,000-3,000, but the final price got more than 6,000:

http://www.sothebys.com/de/auctions/ecatalogue/lot.748.html/2007/european-collections-paintings-ceramics-glass-furniture-and-other-works-of-art-am1028

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!