rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I have a JB Van Scivwr Curio cabinet. It is lighted and

Customer Question

I have a JB Van Scivwr Curio cabinet. It is lighted and walnut I believe. I think it might be from the 1950's. Would you be able to provide an approximate value? Is can sciver furniture collectable?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

You have a curved cabinet from the New Jetsey furniture manufacturer JB Van Sciver. Your particular cabinet was manufacturer around the 1940s. The company produced a wide variety of furniture in contemporary and previous era styles as well as western and eastern styles, and including everything from bed and dining sets to lamps, clocks, rugs, curtains and custom-made draperies.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 700-1,000$.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!