Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Re 2 rifles crossed. it has 2 flags. it does not have the

Customer Question

re 2 rifles crossed. it has 2 flags. it does not have the words april 6,1917. it also does not have scroll work on the back side with a flag like banner with the usa and stars. i have not been able to find one that looks like mine or the value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon....I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question. Can you explain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question was about a spoon. It is a silver plated silver plate spoon.on the back of the spoon there are 4 stars an airplane and below that is a tent.wm rogers mfg co. also has the name fort dodge iowa. on the front there are 5 stars and below that is an eagle with wings spread out. below is a liberty bell and below that it says liberty for all. then 2 rifles crossed. below that there are 2 some sort of medalions. on the front stem the words april 6,1917 do not appear. on the back there is no scrollwork of a flag like banner with usa and stars. wondering about this spoon and value.
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

OK, your question ended up in the firearms category. It should go to Antiques. I'll see if I can get it moved.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Can you send me a picture of the spoon and the markings on the back?

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.x
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.x

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.x
Or you may use this method:
.x
Go to www.imgur.com
.x
click on Computer
.x
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.x
Hit open.
.x
Click on Start Upload
.x
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.x
.x
.x
.x
.x
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.x
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.x
.x
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.x
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.x
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.x
.x
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda