rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I bought a GUEISSAZ JACCARD coo coo clock .00, but it is

Customer Question

I bought a GUEISSAZ JACCARD coo coo clock for 20.00, but it is missing the top clip on piece, the pendulum, weights, and one tree. Any chance of finding these parts? Thanks, Tim
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of the clock?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the pic. Like I said, it is missing the pendulum, top, weights, and one small tree on left. It appears in good shape otherwise.
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of 200-300$ for a fully working condition clock. In your case, as there is parts missing, you have to sell it "for parts". It's a beautiful clock, it's a pity that it's not in fully working order. The value, for parts, will be in the range of 80-110$. I would not recommend to restore the clock, because the restoration is not worth it, unless you are going to keep the clock or if it has sentimental value.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!