Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Pottery: We have this intersting pot, I'll send pics, we are

Customer Question

Pottery: We have this intersting pot, I'll send pics, we are looking for value, origion, approx age...we've heard everything!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

There is one image of the front side of the pottery piece you have (the others attached are of a book cover).

There is a Japanese writing on the one side. Are there any marks on the underside of this?

What are some of the theories that you have heard on this piece?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are additional pics (having issues with file add) Japanese Korean, Hun 14th to 19th century
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional information and info. That is certainly a range of information given to you and if this is 14th century, it would take more in-depth research and study on it than can be provided online. Have you attempted to contact any Asian specialty departments at auction houses such as Christies, Sotheby's or Bonham's?

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet we just started recently and we are hoping to have some kind of idea before we go to auction house
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Understood. I do suggest I.M. Chait for help on this. My opinion is that that incised white areas are 'too clean' for 14th century. I will opt-out and open your question here to all the experts again for you. I do hope you find the information that you seek. Sincerely, Nora