Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an interesting coffee pot hallmarked with a crudely

Customer Question

I have an interesting coffee pot hallmarked with a crudely drawn star, underneath that is C u s t. It's engraved with German words for The Silver Wedding, and 4 Februar, 1924 I'm trying to find the maker and age.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also interested in the silver content and the value.Best regards, Julie
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add pictures of the pot you have and the marks on the bottom. I can date this , tell you the pattern, maker and value after I see pictures.

You can add pictures using the ADD FILES button in the bottom right of your screen. Write pic1, then send, then write pic2, then send, etc for the best results with multiple pictures.
You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put FOR RAREWARES IN ANTIQUES in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This method takes a bit longer, so thank you in advance for some patience.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I am going to opt-out of this question because I do not recognize this mark. I will add the photos here for the next expert to see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, Julie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've drawn the hallmark to show what it looks like.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Julie,

I would be able and happy to assist you here on this coffee pot, however in order to do so I would really need to see a more clear and in-focus close-up image of the mark on this.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

I look forward to seeing another image of the mark. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did upload a photo of my hand drawing of the mark. Did you get it?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I did study the hand drawing you provided, however in order for me to make proper match, I really need to rely on seeing a clear, in-focus image of the actual mark.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll see if I can get a clear view.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** *****

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Try this one. Thank you!
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** see if I can make a match to this for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me your best guess? I know it will be better than mine. 😊
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps you can answer a different question. I can't find the maker of a silver coffee service. Castle, crown, tulips, with a W underneath. Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to identify the marks for you here.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora