rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I bought some rings and am wondering if they are real or

Customer Question

I bought some rings and am wondering if they are real or not. The first is alexandrite, the second is aquamarine, the third is tanzanite and the 4th is iolite and tanzanite. I was told they were real and vintage by the seller.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The way to tell if they are real or not is to let me know what (if any) markings you can read on the inner shank of each ring. This type of stone was usually set in sterling silver or 10k gold. You will be looking for the word STERLING, the number 925 if they are silver. The word 10K, 14K, 18K, 375 or 585 is what you would look for if these had any form of gold content.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They all have 925 on them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The iolite one also says China inside band
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Then these are all modern low-quality sterling silver rings with the authentic semi-precious stones that you mentioned, with one being made in China. Each ring (no one ring more valuable than the other) has a value of $30-$40.00 each.