Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I HAVE A CELADON STATUE (PERFECT CONDITION), 18" TALL, BASE

Customer Question

I HAVE A CELADON STATUE (PERFECT CONDITION), 18" TALL, BASE IS 5" X 4", CIRCA 1950, FRIEND BROUGHT IT HERE FROM ASIA. (CRACKLED FINISH), WEIGHT 7 LBS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MIGHT BE WORTH.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra site charges to you for live conversations.

Ignore "rate" me (a system error) until you see my complete answer with the value.

Thank you for all the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

"Celadon is a term for ceramics denoting both a type of glaze and a ware of celadon (color). Celadon originated in China, and notable kilns such as the Longquan kiln in Zhejiang province are renowned for their celadon works. Celadon production later spread to other regions in Asia, such as Japan, Korea and Thailand."

Some celadon has been found that dates back to 25-320AD.

From my research, I was able to determine that your celadon 20thC statue has a retail art gallery value of $275-300 assuming perfect condition.

If you would like to sell close to retail -

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - no or small fees
Artfire.com
Goantiques.com - more upscale fee based
Rubylane.com - more upscale fee based
Tias.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA
cyberattic.com
collectoronline.com
collect.com
trocadero.com

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris