Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have an small (about 5ft tall) Max Barnett Furniture

Customer Question

I have an small (about 5ft tall) Max Barnett Furniture Company cabinet that bears a stamp NO-4005. Can anyone tell me if it has much value. It is in fairly good shape.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra site charges to you for live conversations.

Ignore "rate" me (a site glitch) until you see my complete answer with the value.

The Max Barnett Furniture Co was established in New Orleans in 1899 and continued making "great quality. heavy and well-built furniture" until the mid-70s when it closed.

Your cabinet, as is, would have a retail antiques store of $1100-1200. If restored, it's retail value would be about $1800-1900. It dates early 20thC.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris