AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

My uncle was a past president of the Circus Fans

Customer Question

My uncle was a past president of the Circus Fans Association. My father was given a framed picture of a very ornate wagon called a Tabaulo Cage Wagon with a full article describing the wagon and the signature of P.T. Barnum, does it have a value to it. It is good condition the only problem it had been in my fathers basement at has what looks like atiny bit of mold under the glass. I'm uncertain to the age of this but it has to be in the age approx 40 yrs old
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

Can you tell if the PT Barnum signature was an original done by hand, or a printed copy? I do know that there were many articles etc. that had a printed signature included as part of them, and that affects value.

Jennifer