Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

What is the value of a munkacsy reproduction dating 1890?

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not received Ny response . Payment has been made. Not pleased with your lack of input.
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.

We pros are considered "site users" just like you. Our credentials have been verified but we have no knowledge of how Just Answer handles charges or finances. We are not employees of Just Answer.

I know you have wanted a long time for someone to respond. I hope you do not object to waiting another hour for me to research your question.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls. I must research data to give the most accurate answer.

Besides there are extra system charges to you for live conversations.

Let me now study your question. My next response either will be my answer or to ask for any
additional information I might need to give you the best answer with the value.

Thank you for all the information.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

PS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them, they are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.

Thanks, Doris

From my research, I was able to determine that your 1890s reproduction of A. Munkcasy Von Mihaly (1844-1901) would have a retail art gallery price of $250-350 depending on location.

The internet has your widest pool of buyers. To sell close to retail try the following -

I suggest the you try artbrokerage.com selling

https://www.artbrokerage.com/help/selling-art

Plus try ads on sites such as

http://www.rubylane.com/art

http://www.askart.com/Ads_Individual.aspx

Some like Etsy.com where you can set up your store for free and the selling fees are small or not existent.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

PS: If you would like me to answer your future question, all you need to do is type "Doris"

at the beginning of the question.