Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have some old original etchings and have had them so I

Customer Question

I have some old original etchings and have had them so long I don't remember the artist and am having a hard time reading his name. I think it might say fonte or something close to that. I've seen similar on some websites. I'm going to attach a picture
of the etchings and a close up of the signature. Can you give me the name of the artist and an approximate value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

The attached images are only opening up to miniature size (1 cm x 1cm) and cannot be enlarged or zoomed.

Please re-send larger images at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm attaching what I hope are larger pictures. One picture has all three etchings, another is of the larger etching and the last one is a close up of the signature. I so appreciate your help
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images they are larger and I am able to zoom. However I will need to see a more clear, in-focus close-up image of the signature so that I can decipher it for you.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, I will ask my granddaughter to come do it tomorrow. I'll send it to you then.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Anytime is fine :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/wendiemorr29/library/paintings the password ***** moocow
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to decipher the signature on this print.

I can provide an estimate of value based on comparables

~OR~

I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional fee. Opening the question is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nora, can you do both? Can you provide an estimate based on comparables and open my question of the artist signature up to other experts?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Your signed original framed etching of a gateway entrance to a town likely in Europe were sold through decorator stores in the US in the 1930's. On today's market, these sell for a high average of $30 - $60.

~Nora