Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I am sending this again second or third time about the

Customer Question

I am sending this again for the second or third time about the 1800;s French mantel clock we also sent 5 pictures to you. Are you not getting these or do I need someone else?? Merle Can I know this evening yet?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Merle

When you send something to me it needs to have my name in it. Otherwise it just goes out on a large board and will not get picked up.

I received the images of the clock, can you tell me if there is a makers name on the clock works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We just sent you a picture of clock works with what I suppose is clocks work maker. Merle
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Merle

Thank you that will help. So you have any history on the clock?

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Merle

I received the picture of the mark, I am having a little difficulty figuring out all of what it says. Can you tell me what the mark reads as?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you sent your last group of answers to me about the clock and wondered about any history all of your to let me know your answers will not come up it says the page is down other wise I would have responded last Friday. I was out of town till now and my wife did not know how to fix the problem and I can not either so I do not know anything about our clock other than the short answer page to view answer mentioned do we know history or some such thing. I believe you have to restart from Last Friday to me so we can see and discuss if need be. Thank You. Merle
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

HI Merle

Sorry you did not see my response. I was asking you to read to me what the words are on the clock I cannot make it out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like a sun burst stamped in then under it the letters are V.H, then under those letters in the half moon shape looks to us on the picture as the following letters BREVCTCBABIC, then below that the numbers 3297. That is about what we see. Merle
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** see if I can find who made these works, I found these French Porcelain Mantle Clocks, may have to use what I found that have sold. I just wanted to see if I could find some information on the maker of the clock works if possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Glenda,
I am very frustrated because I can only respond and view this answer page from you on 9/3/15. All of your e-mail responses to me since 9/3/15 says and a page comes up and says can not display this page. I have shut my machine down went thru updates and scans and still no good response to respond to you. So I would like to know what you have found out some how. All we can see are the first words on the e-mail and then when you click for your response it goes blank and I could not rate you if I tried. So I do not know what to do. Merle
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Merle

I am not sure what is happening on your end! The appraiser does not work on the just answer site so we cannot see what you see.

Let me see if I can figure a way to tell you what to do. You must be trying to respond in an email or to an email. I am guessing of course.

see if you can click this link to open your justanswer account.

http://www.justanswer.com/QuestionSearch.aspx?PFID=88866895&KW=JACUSTOMER-qa87r7al-

This should take you to your list of questions you have asked, you can click on this one.

I have not answered you so you should not rate this until I have given an answer for the clock.

I am researching the name off the clock works, not finding much information but, I am working on it.

I will have the answer today for sure!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You probably follow me on what I'm dealing with already, but I did want to show you visually using screenshots, the process I am taking and the end result. So in the screenshots you will see that I am even trying to click on the "If you are unable to view this message correctly, click here " link in the header of the e-mail. It WILL then open the e-mail in my browser (Internet Explorer). Even trying to click "View My Answer" via the webpage, the result is the same, page can't be displayed. Really hope this will possibly help you to assist me w/ my problem. Every other e-mail I get that contains a link to an external site works just fine. Thanks in advance.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Merle

Thank you, I cannot imagine what is happening. On the last screen shot, if you click on the View My Answer, where does that take you?

How do you get back to this message area to communicate with me here?

I found the clock works were produced by a German Clock maker early 1900's they made clocks works for many clock companies, like this French Mantle Clock. The exact name of the German Company is unknown.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get the 3rd pic result this page can not be displayed. If I come back to the dated 9/3 response I get your info nothing from 9/3 on. So is the clock works newer than the clock. My Mom said when she bought it years ago the clock was from the 1800's like 1850ish. That's what the people that sold it to her said from my remembrance. That is why it cost so much the flower petals were intact and not broke or chipped. You know how the selling stories go. Merle
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Merle

I went back to get more information on the clock works. It seems the maker was in business from the early 1800's not the early 1900's. Your works would dated to 1840 for this clock made in France.

.

The Antique French Porcelain Clock, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $600.00-650.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. For insurance purposes ( cost replacement ) the value would be 45-50% higher. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.

You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you so much!
Glenda