Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

Wonder if you can help...I have 4 pics that my mother had

Customer Question

Hi, Wonder if you can help...I have 4 pics that my mother had from the Royal Art, Ltd of North Hollywood, CA who is not out of business. I am trying to determine if they are worth anything or worth the hassel to try and sell.
-Hebbelinck, The Estate, Orig Colored Etching, hand signed 205/350
-Hebbelinck, Bruges:(Belgium), Orig Colored etching Hand signed 89/350
-Nikol, Antique Village, Orig Oil, hand signed
and
- Cambier, Paris La Seine, Watercolor.
I saw a few Hebbelinck's and Cambier but not the exact onces. Can you help?
thanks,
Steve
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve my name is***** etchings currently sell at auction for $30.00 to $87.00 each. The print market is very soft. To give you values on the Nikol and the Cambier I need more information since there are several artists by those names. Complete names and images would help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim, ok great. I had originally attached files. Let me try again... please see attached. 1 pic with both paintings. And 1 each of the back/certificate. I suppose the addon question is... whats the best way to sell them off too? thanks, steve

Thanks Steve. I will work on this for you. Tim

Steve, here is what I have for you. The Oil on canvas by Nicol. There is no records as to who the artist is. I did find sales results for paintings similar to yours signed Nicol for $200.00.

The water color is by: Pierre Eugène CAMBIER (1914-2001),

Pierre Eugene Cambier brilliantly captured French cityscapes, waterways, and countrysides in his watercolor paintings. Cambier first began to publicly exhibit his artwork at the Salon des Independents in Paris in 1948. His work was included in the annual Salon d’Automne exhibition between 1953 and 1960 and later on at the Galerie Urban in Paris, the Galerie O’Hara in London, and the Galerie Sothman in Amsterdam.

Cambier continued to work and paint in Paris, where he also taught drawing and illustration to budding artists, until his death in 2000. Cambier’s masterful depiction of Paris***** *****ght, color, and architecture continues to attract collectors to this day. His works are exhibited in collections around the world. Cambier’s legacy also lives on through his daughter, artist Daniele Cambier, who creates lively, naturalistically rendered French scenes in watercolor.

Unfortunately his watercolors sell for: &5.00 to $250.00.

Cheers Tim