ObjectsConservator1
ObjectsConservator1, Restorer
Experience:  30+ years of conserving and restoring museum and private-owned objects.
75944346

We have a stone indian carved out of multi-color stone. The

Customer Question

We have a stone indian carved out of multi-color stone. The indian is 2.5 feet high, 52.4 pounds, and hand carved out of some type of Western stone. We know that it is at least 60 years old, but probably older than that.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ObjectsConservator1 replied 1 year ago.

Is it signed anywhere, e.g. on the self-base, usually around the sides or back; or on the bottom? Do you recall where or from whom it was purchased? Was it from a trading-post out West, or from a gallery? Any information would be helpful in finding information on the artist and possible value, if that's what you are interested in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We cannot find any signatures. My husband is 74 and got it from his father, who got it 60+ years ago from a family member who lived in either Montana or Utah. I know that's not much detail, but the stone is definitely multi-colored western and the detail of the indian is incredible. If you cannot give me some kind of estimate of it's worth, can you possible recommend where I can go to get answers? Thanks in advance...

What state and locality are you in? That would be helpful in answering your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are in Florida close to the Ocala National Forest we came from Ohio east of Cincinnati on the Ohio River.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't look like my answer went through; I was trying from my phone....we live in Central Florida near the Ocala National Forest; we came here 5 years ago from Cincinnati, Ohio.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if you saw my answer about location; I tried from my phone and did not realize it hadn't worked until later. Can you please guide me on where to go from here? Honestly, we have medical problems and need to try to sell this indian, but have no idea what it's worth...thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were just chatting live, but I don't think you realized it was me; can you please help? You asked our location, I answered and you haven't responded....

I am currently out of the office on another project. I will be able to respond this afternoon. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response yet....can I get my $38 back??? I really thought at the very least you could refer to me to someone who could help with this; I thought that was why you were asking for our location?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
09 September 2015 09:09
No response yet....can I get my $38 back??? I really thought at the very least you could refer to me to someone who could help with this; I thought that was why you were asking for our location?Please, please respond to me!!!