Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Dear Nora, I also have a copy of Julia Bach's magnolias. It

Customer Question

Dear Nora,
I also have a copy of Julia Bach's magnolias. It is a print with her signature and date. My mother purchased it in 1948 or 1949. I grew up with it and have it hanging in my living room today. Do you have any idea how many were sold?
Joanne Peck
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I see you have not yet received a response for this, would you like me to open your question to all Experts?
Please let me know.
Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for the request. I am familiar with the print and it was produced as an open edition as opposed to a limited, numbered edition. Printing records on an open edition were not recorded for posterity on this so how may were printed for sale is unknown. Certainly several thousand and how many have survived since is not known as well.

~Nora