Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

I have a tablespoon about 13 inches, very heavy silver, 19th

Customer Question

I have a tablespoon about 13 inches long, very heavy silver, 19th century British, London. Cant see a clear lion designating sterling but considering the source, it must be. Maker's initials seem to be TDN. Identity? Range of value?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was a wedding gift to my mom in 1961, from someone who was part- owner of a top department store, and this in itself points to genuine value. It was said to be 19th century British. Design is quite plain, a rounded top rather than ornamentation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tomorrow would be fine for an answer, or Monday. Phone number is(###) ###-#### ***** be gone tomorrow morning.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! This is Robert here, thanks for asking me to help with your spoon. I would be glad to. Could you very kindly add a photo of it and one of the mark.

Also, how long is the spoon and what is its approximate weight (an ordinary kitchen scale will do).

Many thanks and wait to hear.

Robert