Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

My father in the early 60s brought back from England 2 sets

Customer Question

My father in the early 60s brought back from England 2 sets of 6 sterling silver spoons. They come in padded cases with the hallmarks of London, Chester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham and Sheffield. One is a set of demitasse spoons and one is a set of teaspoons. Do they have value over the metal value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know what marks the spoons have on them in each set. The marks in the cases are a general primer for silver marks, but related to these spoons unless I know the marks on the spoons. A photo would be great.

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

These are collectible and are worth $100-150 per set at auction. They have only about $30 worth of silver in each set.

Here is a similar set for sale in Australia for $145 Australian Dollars about $100 USD.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,