Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have an original chalk drawing made by Berger, Nebraska

Customer Question

I have an original chalk drawing made by Thomas Berger Johnson, Nebraska artist, 1890-1968. His works are hanging in a museum in Lincoln, Neb. My niece took a couple of his painting to the Antiques Road show in Omaha, Neb. a while ago and the person there stated that those were worth some value. I am curious to know if this chalk painting is also of some value?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My niece sent a photo of her paintings and also a photo of the one that I have. It is of a cabin along a path with a small brook flowing in front of the cabin. I know that it is an original ***** ***** painting as my mother was engaged to be married to Mr Johnson in the early 1920's or close in that era. She was engaged to him for several years but never married. This chalk drawing hung in our living room all the time I was growing up.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See photo attached.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Your drawing would sell for $200-300 at auction and insurance value is $500.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,