Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I was just wondering about a screen I have. It was purchased

Customer Question

I was just wondering about a screen I have. It was purchased in the mid-70s from Uchida Art Ltd. Its 3' x 6' and depicts men on horses with a bull pulling a cart. I suspect it's nearly impossible to tell the value from my description but I was just wondering for insurance purposes.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with this question.

The Uchida Art Gallery, which is still active, was founded in 1919 in Kyoto, Japan. Since then they have been producing traditional crafts, such as painted screens, scrolls and woodblock prints.

Your 4 panel screen appears to be in excellent condition, and is a fine example of the company's work. It should be insured for $750.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.

You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

If not, please rate my answer now.